As you get ready to visit your tax preparer this season, don’t forget that you may be entitled to a federal tax credit of up to $500 if you had Sunrise® energy-efficient windows or sliding glass doors installed on your home in 2014.
Energy tax credits for tax year 2014 apply to ENERGY STAR®-rated windows, doors and skylights installed in your primary residence. You do not have to replace all the windows, doors and/or skylights in your home to qualify. Tax credit details are as follows:
- Tax credit equals 10% of the final cost of ENERGY STAR-qualified products (not including installation and labor).
- Up to $200 for windows and skylights; up to $500 for exterior doors.
- Total credits limited to $500.
- Homeowners who have already received a $500 energy tax credit in any previous year are not eligible.
- Credits may only be claimed for improvements to an existing home; new construction is not eligible.
- Tax credit claims should be submitted with your 2014 federal tax return.
It’s never too late to make your home more beautiful and more comfortable. Your local Sunrise dealer would love the opportunity to help you select beautiful, energy-efficient windows and sliding patio doors. Once you’ve chosen the right products for your needs, experienced installers will provide prompt, professional installation. Find an authorized Sunrise dealer to get started!
Visit the ENERGY STAR website to access the forms needed to apply for the 2014 energy tax credit.